Pneumonia involves inflammation and consolidation of the lungs, and most cases of pneumonia are caused by an infection from bacteria or viruses. In most individuals, pneumonia is a relatively serious condition. However, recovery can be quick if the condition is detected and treated early. Individuals who are very young, elderly, and those that have chronic diseases or a compromised immune system are at higher risk of complications, will require close monitoring, and may need hospitalization. The treatment for patients with pneumonia includes antibiotics, fluids, rest, and supportive care. In severe cases of pneumonia, supplemental oxygen, intubation, mechanical ventilation, and admission to intensive care may be necessary.
After completing this inservice, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the causes of pneumonia
- Describe the signs and symptoms of pneumonia
- Explain the risk factors for developing pneumonia
- Signs and Symptoms of Pneumonia
- Diseases and Lifestyle Issues
- Types of Pneumonia
- Prevention of Pneumonia
- Treatment of Pneumonia
- Pneumonia and Isolation Precautions
- Emergency Complications of Pneumonia
- Case Study - Pediatric Pneumonia
Pricing based on number of staff who complete training each month.
Billed Monthly - No long term contracts
No Setup Fees
Easily add or remove staff from your plan
How many staff do you need to train?